Charket is a Salesforce native app that runs within Salesforce and connects WeChat into Salesforce without using any servers in between. Charket consumes the following Salesforce resources when it runs.
1. Data Storage. Charket processes and stores all WeChat data within each company's own Salesforce org. Charket maintains a data structure of 40+ objects which are used to store data including WeChat user profiles, WeChat user activities, chat messages, etc. The amount of data storage Charket consumes is primarily determined by the amount of WeChat followers a company has. Each WeChat follower uses, on average, 30KB of data storage.
2. File Storage. Salesforce file storage is used to store QR code images and images and video clips received from WeChat followers. Most images and video clips are compressed by WeChat before they reach Salesforce servers. Unless a company needs to collect a large amount of files from WeChat followers, the file storage Charket consumes is very limited.
3. REST APIs. The Charket mobile app queries and updates Salesforce data by calling Salesforce REST APIs. The daily consumption of REST API calls depends on how many users will use the Charket mobile app and how frequent they query and update Salesforce data.
4. Streaming APIs. The Charket uses Salesforce Streaming APIs to implement its Live Chat feature. Salesforce Streaming APIs allow Charket users to instantly receive inquiries from WeChat users.
5. Page Views. Charket uses Salesforce force.com sites to implement its secure WeChat facing APIs. A number of Salesforce resources are consumed by force.com sites. Among them, the one that Charket may consume considerably is "Page Views". One page view is used when WeChat servers make one call to Salesforce/Charket. This should not be an issue for companies having less than 2 million WeChat followers. If needed, additional page views can be purchased from Salesforce.
6. Async Apex Executions. Charket uses asynchronous Apex methods to sync WeChat data into Salesforce, send WeChat messages through Process Builder actions and support other interactions with WeChat servers that cannot be done through synchronous Apex execution.